REQUIREMENTS TO GO
* Personal Relationship with Jesus
* Above Reproach, Christlike Lifestyle
* 75% attendance in Sunday Morning Small Groups
* Completion of Registration Process (including payment)
* Completion of Mission Trip Training
IMPORTANT NOTE ON FUNDRAISING
We will NOT be conducting any student ministry fundraisers. We encourage all participants to raise their funds personally. Below are a few ideas for raising support:
* Yard Work / Shoveling Snow
* Support Letters | see website for example
Be creative. Every year, we are amazed at the ideas and effort students put in to do what God has called them to do!
Waterfront Church | Pastor Zack Randles and Waterfront Church have been ministering to southeast Washington,
DC (near the Navy Yard and Nats Park) since they planted the church in August 2014. Since then God has grown
them to become a financially self-sustaining church with over 400 attendees. You can read and watch more about
their story at waterfrontchurchdc.com/our-story. You can also check out Pastor Zack’s recent book release, New
Creation, which recounts this incredible story more in-depth. His book can be found at all major book stores,
including Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
Most of our projects are designed to help Waterfront Church continue their mission of reaching Washington DC
with the gospel. So we will do whatever Waterfront Church needs us to do. Below is a list of likely and possible
projects. However, please be aware that projects are subject to change based on any Waterfront needs that may arise.
- Student Ministry Outreach | Our team will assist Waterfront’s Student Pastor (and former Spotswood Students
intern) TJ Stoudt in running one or more student ministry outreach events.
- Marketing | Our team will canvass DC neighborhoods with marketing material for Waterfront, including our
student ministry outreach event. This has proven to be very successful for Waterfront Church in connecting with
their surrounding neighborhoods. In addition, all Collide DC team members will wear Waterfront t-shirts
throughout the trip.
- Light Renovation | There is a possibility we will have the opportunity to help prepare Waterfront’s newly
acquired a facility for worship services.
Food Kitchens | Various organizations in Washington, DC provide food and meals for financially struggling
individuals and families. We have provided man-power for several of these organizations in the past and will
continue to do so this year. Not only does this give us an opportunity to minister, but it helps build a positive
reputation for Waterfront Church with the community. Potential partners include Bread for the City, Ronald
McDonald House, Martha’s Table, etc.
National 4-H Conference Center | Located in Chevy Chase, MD, National 4-H opens their gated facility to
multiple student groups throughout the year for various religious and non-religious events. Rooms are hotel-style
with 2 bunks (4 beds) with a self-contained bathroom in each room. Bed linen and towels are also provided.
National 4-H also has a sand volleyball pit, a game room with snack machines, and a basketball court.
- National 4-H | Breakfast each day will be provided by National 4-H’s All-You-Can-Eat buffet style cafeteria.
- Coolers | Lunch each day will be provided from coolers filled with sandwich supplies, fruit, and snack baggies.
- Restaurants | Each night for dinner, groups will stop by a fast food restaurant.
- 12-15 Passenger Vehicles | One will be provided by Spotswood, and the rest will be rented.
- Early Bird | $275 through March 24
- Regular Rate | $325 through April 28
- Adult Cost | $165
- What It Covers | All transportation, meal, lodging, Waterfront shirts, and supply costs are covered by these rates.
If a participant desires snacks, souvenirs, or anything else they will need to bring additional spending money.
• July 10, 6:30p-8:00p in the Underground | Training will involve meeting teammates, participating in team
building exercises, organized prayer, worship, teaching, receiving/preparing for project assignments, etc.
Spotswood West Church | Led by lead pastor, Dr. Vic Carpenter, Spotswood West Church will launch in the
western part of Spotsylvania County in September 2019.
Most of our projects will be designed to help Spotswood Church West continue their mission of reaching western
Spotsylvania County with the gospel. So we will do whatever Spotswood West Church needs us to do. Below is a list
of likely and possible projects. However, please be aware that projects are subject to change based on any SWC needs
that may arise.
- Light Construction | Teams will partner with Project 516 for painting, yard work, roof repairs, constructing
wheelchair ramps, or similar projects.
- Ni River Middle School | Teams will partner with Ni River Middle School to do landscaping projects, stock
break rooms, paint, etc.
- Marketing | Teams will wear Spotswood West shirts while participating in projects and might participate in
church marketing campaigns.
None | Collide West is designed for team members to go home at the end of each night for bathing and sleeping.
Team members will meet at Ni River each morning for breakfast and worship and then break out into teams for
Team members should pack their lunch each day before coming to Ni River. Each night a dinner meal will be
provided for the missions teams.
- 12-15 Passenger Vehicles | These will be provided via rental agencies and through SWC members.
- Early Bird | $75 through March 24
- Regular Rate | $100 through April 28
- Adult Cost | $50
- What It Covers | All transportation, meal (excluding lunch), lodging, Spotswood West shirts, and supply costs are covered by these rates. If a participant desires snacks, souvenirs, or anything else they will need to bring additional money.
• June 23 in the Underground, Time TBD | Training will involve meeting your teammates, participating in team building exercises, organized prayer, and preparing for project assignments.
Spotswood West Church | In 2017 Spotswood commissioned Pastor Rick Nicely and several members of Spotswood to plant a church near the Ladysmith community of Caroline County. Today over 200 people attend worship services weekly at Madison Elementary and participate in local small groups. Through building a great relationship with Caroline County Public Schools, they have also been able to establish the first Good News Club at Madison Elementary in addition to assisting Madison, Lewis & Clark Elementary and Bowling Green Elementary with their back-to-school nights. As of this year, Spotswood at Ladysmith has been able to baptize 15 people in just a year and a half. You can find out more about them at spotswoodls.org.
Most of our projects will be designed to help Spotswood at Ladysmith continue their mission of reaching Caroline County with the gospel. So we will do whatever Spotswood at Ladysmith needs us to do. Below is a list of likely and possible projects. However, please be aware that projects are subject to change based on any Ladysmith needs that may arise.
- 5 Day Clubs | Our teams will organize and lead children’s ministry programming in Caroline County neighborhoods. This programming will be based on the Good News Club material produced by Christ Evangelism Fellowship.
- Beautification Projects & Light Renovation | Our teams will partner with Project 516 and/or Caroline County
schools to improve property around the county through painting, yard work, etc.
- Local Food Bank | Teams will have the opportunity to help a local food bank ministry prepare and transport
meals to families in need around Caroline County.
- Marketing | Teams will also wear “#For Caroline” shirts while participating in projects and might also participating in neighborhood church marketing campaigns.
Madison Elementary | Teams will sleep overnight at Madison Elementary on the floor (guys and girls in separate
spaces). Team members will need to bring cots/air mattresses/sleeping bags and whatever bedding they require. Bathing options will be provided on sight or at the local YMCA. Team members will also need to bring their own toiletries and towels.
All meals will be provided either at Madison Elementary or at project sights via pre-prepared coolers..
- 12-15 Passenger Vehicles | One will be provided by Spotswood, and the rest will be rented.
- Early Bird | $100 through March 24
- Regular Rate | $125 through April 28
- Adult Cost | $50
- What It Covers | All transportation, meal, lodging, “For Caroline” shirts and supply costs are covered by these
rates. If a participant desires snacks, souvenirs, or anything else they will need to bring additional money.
•May 11 & June 1 in the Underground, times TBD | Training will involve meeting your teammates, participating
in team building exercises, organized prayer, and preparing for project assignments. There will also be
concentrated 5 Day Club Training that will require homework/practice outside of training times.
We are working with the International Mission Board and David Marturet, pastor of Iglesia Bautista Emanuel, a new church-plant in Colonia Presidentes, a neighborhood just outside Mexico City.
Street Evangelism/Drama, VBS, Sports Camps (basketball, soccer), Park Clean-up, and
Departure & Return | Richmond International Airport
- Friday, July 26
- AA #1096 Departure 11:30AM – Arrival 1:38PM Dallas Ft Worth
- AA #2350 Departure 2:30 PM-5PM Juarez Int
- Thursday, August 2
- AA #1031 Departure 1:40PM – Arrival 6:00PM Miami International
- AA #4455 Departure 9:30PM – Arrival 12:01AM Richmond International
In Mexico, we will use private shuttle services for travel to and from ministry sites.
Participants will stay in dormitory-style housing provided by our host church or in a nearby hotel. Accommodations are comfortable and similar to what we have in the US.
Breakfast | provided by our partner church.
Lunch | We will have bagged lunch or eat at a nearby restaurant depending on the activities and needs of the day.
Restaurants | Each night for dinner, our group will go to nearby restaurants. The cost of the restaurants is included in registration cost.
*If you have food allergies, please discuss with us in advance so that we are able to plan for necessary arrangements.
Emergency Contact | An emergency contact number will be given to parents, providing direct access to the project directors of the Collide Mexico. This will be the best way to contact your child in case of an emergency at home.
Calling Home | Students will be able to call home in the evenings when they have free time. Check with your phone carrier to find out if you need a special plan for out of country phone calls. Often times using your regular service overseas is VERY expensive, so be sure you understand your carrier’s policy for texting and phone calls.
- Early Bird Registration | $1400
- Regular Registration | $1500
- Adult Cost | $1500
$400 due by April 28 | Total due by July 1
What is Covered | Domestic and International travel, ground transportation, travel insurance, meals, lodging, ministry supplies
What is not Covered | Passport fees & vaccinations. If the participant desires additional snacks, souvenirs, or anything else, they will need to bring additional money.
Fundraising | Spotswood does not organize fundraising activities for our trips. However, you can find fundraising ideas by visiting students.spotswood.org/missions.
- May 19, 1:30p-3:00p Encounter Building
- June 9, 1:30p-4:00p Encounter Building
Training will involve meeting your teammates, participating in team building exercises, organized prayer, worship, and teaching, receiving and preparing for project assignments, etc.
- Fredericksburg Post Office | 600 Princess Anne St. (540) 361-4235 or (540) 373-5283 *by appointment only
- Sealston Post Office | 1130 Kings Highway (540) 775-3158 *walk-in hours Monday-Friday; Saturday appointment only.
- Both parents must be present for children 15 and under to apply for a passport unless you have a notarized statement of consent form.
- Passport pictures may be taken at most CVS locations
- Passports may take 6-8 weeks to come in. Order your passport no later than April.
There are no required immunizations for entering Mexico, however, the US Department of Health recommends certain immunizations when leaving the country. Talk to your doctor about any concerns you may have. Many PCMs do not have up-to-date information about overseas immunizations but will refer you to:
Central Park Boulevard
Fredericksburg VA 22401
Spotswood carries travel/medical insurance through Fellowship Travel International, which covers each participant up to $50,000. You may also check with your insurance company to verify that your policy covers you when traveling outside the US.